Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who is counting?

 . . .the answer SHOULD be me . . . it has been a long school year by all accounts, and the end of it has been no less chaotic, so I SHOULD be counting the days until summer, but I'm not. Quite. Don't get me wrong, I'm  looking forward to the "nothing in the grading pile" feeling--but I'm not looking foward to the "ACK what do I do without a schedule" feeling. This probably puts me squarely in the tiniest minority of teachers. Most of my colleagues have had a count-down going since mid-April, many of them have purchased their pool passes and have already broken-in their golf clubs--but me? I'm wondering what to do with myself 12 hours a day when the boys are off playing in the neighborhood and I'm free from the pressing weight of a "to do" list. Yes, I'm quite aware that this makes me broken and wierd and whatever other label one might ascribe to my deviant psychosis--but it is me, and I'm not sure what to do about it other than to own it. And to make a list. Of what to do this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment