Monday, June 10, 2013

Just In Case

While surfing the net last night, I suddenly remembered that once upon a time I actually wrote entries for my blog . . . so just in case anyone ever read this- I thought I would say that I might visit again once in awhile.

I thought it would be too much pressure to compose a cohesive entry upon my revival, so instead I am going to offer the random musings from my brain as I cleaned my house this morning. These are in no particular order:

1. How is it possible that the 12-year-old who lives in my house who can not only throw a fastball, curve, and slider, AND know when and how to use these various baseball pitches cannot somehow figure out how to put his underwear INSIDE the laundry basket and not on his floor?

2. Living in a one bathroom rental house makes cleaning really fast and easy.

3. Living in a one bathroom rental house while your house is getting built still sucks.

4. My children think it is hysterically funny that I have a blog. Brats.

5. Patterns are the warp and woof of life. And the sooner we discover ours, the better off we are.

6. I like C.S. Lewis. But somehow I am afraid of him. Like, who the he double hockey sticks does he think he is to be so wise? Except, that he is.

7.  I wonder if those spiritual searchers who think that the faith that they are not seems somehow more "right" (Christians who say they are more Buddhist, Buddhists who are intrigued by Christianity, etc) ever wonder if their attraction is just because it is "other"?

8. Read Wall's  The Glass Castle, and now am reading Murray's Breaking Night. A bit too much dirty children and hungry bellies for me--and I know that is the point--and I keep reading like getting ready to see the train wreck happen. . .

9.  One can get used to almost anything. Except not having my books at my fingertips.

10. Why does it seem like if I take ONE day off of running, I put on 6 pounds just sitting here?

Okay, well. We'll see how this goes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment